Don't fear ramps
Quarterpipes can be scary for beginners. This guide will help you overcome this fear.
(Image by gaetan rossier [trucnul])
What can you do?
There are two things you can do to reduce your fear with ramps:
- Ramps always look taller when you're standing up, so crouch down and look at the ramp for a while. It's truly shorter than it looks.
- Start with the small ramps and gradually work your way up to taller ramps.
There are three things you can do to not let your fear increase:
- Don't wait for a long time to drop in or go down the ramp, just do it!
- If you stand up there for a while, your fear will build up and it will become more and more difficult with every second you wait.
- Start by dropping in. Don't try to ride over the edge, it's a lot harder and if you wipe out you will be more scared to do it.
- Don't end on a bad note. If you fall, just try again untill you got it. Don't quit after a fall, or the next day you will be too scared to try again.
Please press "Like" if this helped you
Similar guides you might like