Making your own grindrail is easy! You just need to be able to weld, or know someone who can do it for you.
You can make a lot of different grindrails: kinked, rainbow, square, round, ... but if you can make this regular round rail, it's easy to apply the same principes and techniques to make a different rail.
- 1x metal bar, square or round, min. 1 meter. This will be the rail on which you'll be sliding.
- 2x metal bar of 40cm or 1x metal bar of 80cm (and just cut it in half)
- 2x metal bar of your-chose-of-height. I took 40cm ones.
- A welding machine
- A measure
- A metal saw (electric) / Abrasive wheel
- Some spare time
- And very important: a place to put it away when you're not skating it.
Tip: if you make a long rail, be careful that it won't bend when you're standing in the middle! If it bends, just make a 3rd leg to support the middle.
Take the 40cm metal bars and the bars of your-chose-of-height. Search the middle of the 40cm bars and weld the bars of your-chose-of-height on, like a "T"-shape.
Weld the "T"s onto the big metal bar at 10/15cm off the end, like this:
When you kick the rail, it won't fall over because of these T-shaped legs. Now your raw rail is ready.
Just one little detail remains. The edges can be pretty sharp, and when you fall on them, they can cause bad scratches. Take the abrasive wheel smoothen all the edges.
Have fun with you brand-new rail!
Please press "Like" if this helped you
Similar guides you might like